Open Meridian Project Forums

• January 16, 2018, 03:24:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

We are trying to determine the best way to reach our players, so we get information to you as directly and quickly as possible. So we just gotta know, where do you go to get in the know about Meridian 59???

Facebook
- 4 (23.5%)
Wikipedia
- 0 (0%)
Openmeridian.org forums
- 3 (17.6%)
In game 'globe'
- 2 (11.8%)
Psychic connection to the admins
- 1 (5.9%)
Gilroy's
- 2 (11.8%)
Buckhunter
- 5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 11, 2015, 03:24:04 PM

Author Topic: Where do YOU go to find your Meridian info???? WE WANT TO KNOW!  (Read 5133 times)

sampsonette

• View Profile

You are also welcome to write in other news sources, and contacts. We love data!!

Cheers!

Sam & the admins of 103

Sedi

• View Profile
Re: Where do YOU go to find your Meridian info???? WE WANT TO KNOW!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »

I use the in game globe, but I also still use Gilroy's.  I am surprised you don't have that as an option.  O;-) 

Sedi

dmw

• Developer
  • Insane Texture Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

I'd read a Blog or a good Website with easy categories to get news about recent changes. Atm i have to Check (too) many different sources. You could post those links on other platforms for advertising...
Check out the madness (Before/After Gallery): http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=usVT9omI

Albert King

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »

Can we please delete this post or at least change the options? Clearly Infinity is trolling the forums by voting "Buckhunter" as their number 1 news site considering its just a non-stop propaganda machine full of hate-filled messages.

Evil_Sibhod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

Well the options were made by sampsonette, so I'm sure there is a reason for each one.

Gar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:57:35 PM »

Like it or not, we ARE here to promote the entire Meridian brand. A few clamorings from 101 doesn't mean we have to exclude them or fight them. They're doing tons of work for us over there by promoting the game

Albert King

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:20:44 AM »

Excellent point Gar...let them continue to advertise their server and promote a healthy population, then when they inevitably run all the players off their server with their toxic play, they will come flocking to server 103 where we built a healthy environment :)

lol infinity playing right into our hands :)

Doctor Who

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »

Excellent point Gar...let them continue to advertise their server and promote a healthy population, then when they inevitably run all the players off their server with their toxic play, they will come flocking to server 103 where we built a healthy environment :)

lol infinity playing right into our hands :)
Seems to me that you only post propaganda here. Forgive me if I've read you wrong. I can only go by what you post and not by your meaning. That's all I have to say about your post.

I play 103 only. I don't know of any other site that has information about it. There's GitHub, that one I don't understand. And there's Gilroy's that doesn't really do any innovations like 103.

I understand the concept of "the meridian 59 community" but I think its a good thing to have different sites for different servers so they are less confusing to get what you need from them. I don't want to end up on Server 105's fan page looking for changes on 103.

Gar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:08 PM »

I wouldn't call it propaganda. More like a very long-term rivalry between communities.

He's not wrong, either. 103 exists because Meridian has been in a boom-bust cycle for nearly two decades. The game simply does not have the strong foundation, ongoing content, and fixes / improvements it needs for people to keep playing. We all flock back at changes in ownership or big expansions, we all think "this time it'll be different" - but, in the end, there just isn't much to do. In the end, being stuck in a small world with people you don't like isn't actually that great. So, that's why 103 and the Open Source contributors are all here: to start building Meridian's potential.

Ideally, this work benefits a range of servers, both old and new. But 19 years of history has shown that 101 will just go bust again if it doesn't start accepting at least SOME new stuff to help fill in the cracks.
Tags: meridian news