Open Meridian Project Forums

• January 18, 2018, 03:38:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fan Site Questions  (Read 1896 times)

Shabadoo

• View Profile
Fan Site Questions
« on: April 11, 2015, 09:07:49 AM »

I was thinking about making a fan site, basically an updated gilroys. I was just wondering if I am allowed to use game  images freely? I don't plan on having ads or anything / making money on it.

Gar

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Site Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »

You'd probably have to ask Zaphod if you're really concerned, but people have had game images up for two decades at this point and I've never heard of it being an issue.

Doctor Who

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:57:13 AM »

I don't think a fan site is against the rules unless you are making money from it. I think it would be great to see fresh new websites people can visit for updates. Might also help spread the word about Meridian 59 and just what people are missing.

Albert King

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »

Agreed..this is a fantastic idea....Gilroy's is unfortunately outdated and being run by a power-hungry admin who has a personal vendetta against server 103 for some reason, would be good to steer the community away from that toxic wasteland and breath some new life into a Meridian59 message board for the masses!

AlleyCat1976

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 04:35:17 AM »

With 103 being a complete over haul with stats, damage, bonuses and new content. New players could be confused if they google about m59. There is some real old stuff out there. Wiki is pretty good but incomplete, 103 does need a fresh website. I wish you good luck my friend. =)   <<thumbs up>>

Shabadoo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 09:18:41 PM »

I have started this project in case anyone cares. I am still too early in the process to link anything since it is all still in the early design / content migration phase.

Here are some VERY early screenshots:
Fullscreen
http://imgur.com/7HvkXbU

Mobile
http://imgur.com/WUVLR0l

If anyone has any kind of design experience or suggestions for the site...or maybe wants to help me with the content migration / setup...that would be great :)

Evil_Sibhod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 10:07:22 PM »

only suggestion I have is, keep your ear to the ground for new textures (updated sprite models and such) so you can portray all the fancyness of 103. This is mostly stuff you'll see from the Ogre client, but the eventual goal is to move to that being the main client for the server

Delerium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »

Looks nice :) Only comment I would have is about the info, if you are aiming this at the 103 playerbase a lot of the info on Gilroy's will be wrong (monster levels, spell costs/effects etc.). There is some info on our wiki but I don't think everything is up on there yet.

If you're going to cover 103 stuff we can put a link to your site in the client Help menu when it's ready.

Shabadoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »

I am making some good progress. I was hoping to find the in game maps of each zone. Anyone know where I could find such a thing?
Tags: copyright fansite